Instytut Geografii i Rozwoju Regionalnego
pl. Uniwersytecki 1,
tel. +48 71 375 22 44
fax. +48 71 343 51 84
2nd International Conference on Geoheritage & Geotourism
20-23 September 2017
University of Wrocław, Institute of Geography and Regional Development
Polish Academy of Sciences
The Committee for Quaternary Research, Polish Academy of Sciences
The Committee for Earth Sciences, Polish Academy of Sciences, Wrocław Branch
Polish Geographical Society, Wrocław Branch
Lower Silesian Tourist Organization
Loess Focus Group INQUA
Scope of the Conference – Aims, Goals
- Geoheritage and the region – adversary or partners?
- To strengthen the position of geoheritage in the local and regional planning of the sustainable development.
- To integrate both sides of the discussion: scientific and professional in order to develop a favorable climate for the implementation of knowledge to the practical tourist activity.
- To expand the idea of sustainable development for the conservation of the geoheritage.
- To create the platform of the permanent discussion for all the entities engaged in the process of regional sustainable development.
- To continue the discussion about the core content of geotourism.
- The role of geoheritage in the complex tourist product in the local and region scale.
- Geotourism and promotion of the region.
- Sustainable development of geotourism and local economy.
- Geo resources – a core or complementary value for tourism development.
- Geotourism and policy of the local authorities.
- Tourist infrastructure in service of geoheritage.
- Geotourism as an alternative to mass tourism phenomenon?
- Geotourist – active or passive participant?
- Geotourism and geoproducts.
- Geotourism and its development perspectives.
Benefits of Attending
- Abstracts and articles will be peer-reviewed by members of the International Scientific Committee and other colleagues
- Abstracts will be published in Abstract Book and distributed to all participants and relevant organizations
- Selected articles will be published in an international scientific journal “Open Geosciences” (JCR, manuscripts only in English).
- All other articles after review will be published in a monograph (5 points according to Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education, works both in English and Polish).
- Prof. Thomas A. Hose, University of Bristol, UK
- Prof. Zdzisław Jary, University of Wrocław, Poland
- Prof. Włodzimierz Kurek, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
- Prof. Slobodan B. Marković, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- Prof. Piotr Migoń, University of Wrocław, Poland
- Prof. Kenneth O'Hara-Dhand, University of Leicester, UK
- Prof. Ian Smalley, University of Leicester, UK
- Prof. Andrzej Solecki, University of Wrocław, Poland
- Prof. Jerzy Wyrzykowski, University of Business in Wrocław, Poland
- Dr Przemysław Mroczek, UMCS University, Lublin, Poland
- Dr Đorđije Vasiljević, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- Dr Krzysztof Widawski, University of Wrocław, Poland
Official language of the conference is English
Important Dates & Deadlines
Abstracts submission: 16th of August 2017 (max. 2 pages A4, Times New Roman, 12 points, regular margins)
Final date of paying the conference fee: 30th of August 2017
Conference date: 20–23rd of September 2017
Date of handing in the article: 23rd of September 2017 (preferably while the conference)
Tuesday, 19th of September 2017 (8 Kosiby street, Wrocław)
18:00 Welcome and ice breaker party
Wednesday, 20th of September 2017 (Centrum Historii “Zajezdnia”, 184 Grabiszyńska street, Wrocław)
11:00–11:30 Opening ceremony
11:30–12:30 Plenary session
12:30–12:50 Coffee break
12:50–14:50 Plenary session
16:00–18:00 Visit to Centrum Historii “Zajezdnia” (Centre of History “Depot”, http://www.zajezdnia.org/)
Thursday, 21st of September 2017 (University of Wroclaw, Institute of Geography and Regional Development, Department of Physical Geography, 34 Cybulskiego street, room 182)
11:30–11:50 Coffee break
15:15–15:45 Poster session
15:45–16:30 Discussion and summary
16:45–19:00 Wrocław sightseeing
19:00 Official supper (in the city centre)
Friday, 22nd of September 2017
9:00 Start of Conference Fieldtrip – Geoheritage of Lower Silesia – I day – Strzelińskie Hills, Stołowe
Lunch, supper and accommodation included. Accommodation in Hotel Sonata***, Duszniki-Zdrój (http://sonataduszniki.pl/pl/).
Saturday, 23rd of September 2017
9:00 Conference Fieldtrip – Geoheritage of Lower Silesia – II day – Stołowe (Table) Mountains,
Breakfast and lunch included.
~17:00 Coming back to Wrocław
- Regular conference fee: 600 zł (150 Euro)
- Fee for PhD students: 400 zł (100 Euro)
Conference fee includes:
- conference materials,
- coffee breaks,
- conference lunches and official supper,
- publication of the article after review,
- Geoheritage Lower Silesia Tour.
- Rajmund Papiernik, Director of Lower Silesia Tourist Organization Bureau
- Dr Maciej Zathey, Director of Institute of Territorial Development
- Dr Andrzej Raj, Director of Karkonoski National Park
- Bartosz Małek, Director of Stołowe Mountains National Park
- Piotr Śnigucki, Lower Silesia Landscape Parks Ensemble
- Prof. Zdzisław Jary, University of Wrocław
- Dr Krzysztof Widawski, University of Wrocław
- Dr Piotr Owczarek, University of Wrocław
- Dr Dagmara Chylińska, University of Wrocław
- Dr Magdalena Duda-Seifert, University of Wrocław
- Dr Krzysztof Kołodziejczyk, University of Wrocław
- Dr Bartosz Korabiewski, University of Wrocław
- Dr Janusz Łach, University of Wrocław
- Dr Jerzy Raczyk, University of Wrocław
- Dr Anna Zaręba, University of Wrocław
- Filip Duszyński, University of Wrocław
- Marcin Krawczyk, University of Wrocław
- Arkadiusz Ochmański, University of Wrocław
- Milena Różycka, University of Wrocław
- Kamila Ryzner, University of Wrocław
- Jacek Skurzyński, University of Wrocław
Dr Krzysztof Kołodziejczyk, firstname.lastname@example.org